High temperatures forecast for Wednesday and Thursday have led Milwaukee County Parks to extend the hours of its water recreation sites, officials announced Tuesday.
In Wauwatosa, kids and their caregivers can beat the heat at the splash pad in Madison Park, 9800 W. Glendale Ave., from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m., or the wading pool at Jacobus Park, 6501 Hillside Lane, from 1 to 7 p.m.
You can find more ways to cool off in NOW's guide to area swimming pools and splash pads.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School