So much for sisterly love.
A 31-year-old Waukesha woman was arrested for recklessly endangering the safety of not only her four children but also her sister, niece and nephew after she rammed her sibling's vehicle three times.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The sisters had attended a Mother's Day family barbecue May 13 at Madison Park, 9800 Glendale Ave., where they quarreled about topics from the cake to money. By the end of the party, family members had to separate the ladies, who had started pushing each other.
Still unhappy with each other, the women took their children to their respective sports-utility vehicles to leave at about 8 p.m.
As the woman drove out of the parking lot, she accelerated and ran into the back of her sister's vehicle. Then she backed up and rammed the car again. On the third attempt, she sideswiped the vehicle, nearly striking her sister, who had been standing in the open door. She jumped into the vehicle just in time to avoid being struck.
The driver's door was bent toward the front of the vehicle from the force of the impact.
No one was injured but the vehicles received extensive damage. Family members estimated the woman had struck her sister's vehicle at 30 mph.
Neither driver had auto insurance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?