So much for sisterly love.
A 31-year-old Waukesha woman was arrested for recklessly endangering the safety of not only her four children but also her sister, niece and nephew after she rammed her sibling's vehicle three times.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The sisters had attended a Mother's Day family barbecue May 13 at Madison Park, 9800 Glendale Ave., where they quarreled about topics from the cake to money. By the end of the party, family members had to separate the ladies, who had started pushing each other.
Still unhappy with each other, the women took their children to their respective sports-utility vehicles to leave at about 8 p.m.
As the woman drove out of the parking lot, she accelerated and ran into the back of her sister's vehicle. Then she backed up and rammed the car again. On the third attempt, she sideswiped the vehicle, nearly striking her sister, who had been standing in the open door. She jumped into the vehicle just in time to avoid being struck.
The driver's door was bent toward the front of the vehicle from the force of the impact.
No one was injured but the vehicles received extensive damage. Family members estimated the woman had struck her sister's vehicle at 30 mph.
Neither driver had auto insurance.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options
- Former Wauwatosa priest pleads not guilty to embezzlement charges
- New principal at Lincoln Elementary vows to help students find their 'spark'
- Weekly Planner: Aug. 28