Sendik's Food Markets raised $107,300 for the MACC Fund from its in-stores - including the Wauwatosa location - quarterly campaign that ended in January.
The Balistreri-owned and operated grocery stores this week presented the check to the charity that support childhood cancer research. Sendik's has raised $309,000 for the MACC Fund since 2008, with the amount collected increasing each year.
The grocery company sold a record 57,000 candy canes, 2,543 paper MACC Stars, and 1,500 Sendik's Real Food magazines and MACC Fund products at its stores.
The MACC Fund supports research at the Medical College of Wisconsin and Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. As federal cancer research funding has dropped, groups like the MACC Fund are trying to step up and fill in the gaps.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa parents ask Sen. Leah Vukmir to increase education funding
- Andy Reiland voted new Waukesha Common Council president
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: April 30
- Wauwatosa parents to ask Sen. Vukmir to restore education funding at forum tonight
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses