Sendik's Food Markets raised $107,300 for the MACC Fund from its in-stores - including the Wauwatosa location - quarterly campaign that ended in January.
The Balistreri-owned and operated grocery stores this week presented the check to the charity that support childhood cancer research. Sendik's has raised $309,000 for the MACC Fund since 2008, with the amount collected increasing each year.
The grocery company sold a record 57,000 candy canes, 2,543 paper MACC Stars, and 1,500 Sendik's Real Food magazines and MACC Fund products at its stores.
The MACC Fund supports research at the Medical College of Wisconsin and Children's Hospital of Wisconsin. As federal cancer research funding has dropped, groups like the MACC Fund are trying to step up and fill in the gaps.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- The Malt Shoppe opens Friday in Wauwatosa
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?