See's Candies, a San Francisco-based candy manufacturer, has opened a store at Mayfair.
The business is best known for its assorted boxed chocolates, but it offers more than 100 varieties of candy, including nuts, brittles and lollipops. The shop occupies a spot on the lower level of the mall, next to Five Guys Burger & Fries.
See's Candies will celebrate its grand opening Friday with samples to taste as well as historic delivery vehicles - the candy company got its start in 1921 - and See's drag-racing vehicles on display.
See's has operated kiosks in the Milwaukee region, but this is its first store in Wisconsin. Hoping to get a piece of the Valentine's Day market, the store will offer extended hours of 8 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Feb. 13 and 14.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Four-story apartment building proposed for Hall Automotive site
- Little Read Book in Wauwatosa has author signing Sunday
- Wauwatosa police say train death was accidental
- Wauwatosa School District to tighten security with added cameras, changed school entrances
- Wauwatosa Senior Center plans November events
- Biz Buz:: New brew at Ray's
- Ask Now: When will 124th Street be reopened?
- Wauwatosa School Board approves 1.43 percent levy reduction
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 30
- Wauwatosa committee rejects Woman's Club parking proposal