A 26-year-old man Milwaukee found in possession of three counterfeit $100 bills is under investigation by the U.S. Secret Service.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
Staff at the Radisson Hotel on Mayfair Road notified police after getting a complaint of a loud party coming from a guest room at 8:38 p.m. Saturday. Participants were told to leave the hotel, but the man was stopped because he had a warrant for driving after his license had been revoked.
He was found to have counterfeit money on him, so he was held in custody until Secret Service special agent could arrive at the police station to inspect the money and interview him.
The Secret Service is concerned with the significant increase in counterfeit U.S. currency being paid to Milwaukee area businesses. The special agent already interviewed the same suspect a year ago in connection with a counterfeiting offense. At that time, the man was found in possession of numerous counterfeit $10 bills.
The man said he came into possession of the $100 bills at an unknown Milwaukee nightclub, when someone started throwing money into the air while he was on the dance floor.
On Monday, the district attorney decided to hold off on issuing any charges until the special agent issued a report on the findings of his investigation.
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: April 28