The Salvation Army of Milwaukee County collected $2.9 million during its 2011 Red Kettle Christmas Campaign, surpassing its goal by $200,000. The fundraiser ended Jan. 31.
Contributions will help the organization, which has headquarters in Wauwatosa, assist the county's unemployed, underemployed, homeless and others in need with emergency shelter, food and clothing.
In Milwaukee County, the Salvation Army operates 85 programs including disaster relief, utility and rent assistance, employment services and summer lunch programs for children.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hawaiian grocery crowd-funds commercial kitchen
- Wauwatosa School District creates new mobile app
- Tosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- Authorities release name of 14-year-old drowning victim in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Biz Buzz: July 24, 2014
- Business Notes: July 24, 2014
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 24, 2014 issue
- Wauwatosa police link car thefts to those in Milwaukee County
- Hart Park Senior Center looks for new operator
- Former Wauwatosa priest appears in court after several missed appearances