Incumbent Jeff Roznowski has filed paperwork to run for re-election as 6th District alderman and newcomer Jeffrey Kroll has announced he will run for the 1st District seat in April.
Roznowski was appointed in October, 2010, when Thomas Herzog resigned and moved to Elm Grove. Roznowski then ran unopposed in the April, 2011, election to finish out the remainder of Herzog's term.
This time Roznowski will seek a full four-year term on the council.
Kroll, 32, is a lifelong Wauwatosa resident who works as a professor at Waukesha County Technical College.
District 1 incumbent Linda Nikcevich is not seeking re-election.
Wauwatosa residents have until Jan. 3 to turn in candidacy paperwork.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Eisenhower resale seeks sellers
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound?
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Feb. 8
- Video: Wauwatosa man makes 'miracle' recovery after dying for 8 minutes (2)
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Council mistaken in not funding Center Street Park
- Wauwatosa officials could soon participate in meetings via computer
- Work at State Street Station in Wauwatosa has neighbors rattled (5)
- Wauwatosa students win dozens of awards from Alliance for Young Artists & Writers