The Ronald McDonald House on Thursday received approval from the Milwaukee County Board to purchase 3.5 acres of land that will allow for doubling the size of the facility that houses families of seriously ill or injured children.
The house, 8948 Watertown Plank Road, has been operating at full capacity for more than four years. A larger property will provide space to add 75 guest rooms and remodel and expand common facilities.
The land being purchased adjoins the four acres the house sits on, which is leased from the county.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Suburban Woman's Club of Wauwatosa awards scholarships to teachers
- Seniors now eligible for free Milwaukee County bus passes
- MMSD bringing Schoonmaker creek above ground near river in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 16
- Mara is new DBA director of public relations
- In Brief: April 16
- Choice school looks to occupy Wauwatosa building that housed Pius (6)
- Wauwatosa woman accused of falsely claiming ex-husband's death to receive benefits
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: April 16
- Wauwatosa dry cleaner seeks permission to use former City Market building