The Ronald McDonald House on Thursday received approval from the Milwaukee County Board to purchase 3.5 acres of land that will allow for doubling the size of the facility that houses families of seriously ill or injured children.
The house, 8948 Watertown Plank Road, has been operating at full capacity for more than four years. A larger property will provide space to add 75 guest rooms and remodel and expand common facilities.
The land being purchased adjoins the four acres the house sits on, which is leased from the county.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 8
- In Brief: Nordstrom fundraising; Village streetscaping
- Wauwatosa School Board outlines district development plan (1)
- Proposed Wauwatosa budget would result in lower taxes
- Aurora Health Care plans $35 million improvements at Wauwatosa campus
- In speech at Wauwatosa West, urban farmer Will Allen stresses need for sustainable food systems
- Public invited to Wauwatosa Village streetscape workshop
- Large crowd in Wauwatosa gymnasium discusses coyote attacks, seeks answers (8)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Oct. 12
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Oct. 8