A man attempted to rob a Wauwatosa pharmacy of prescription painkillers Sunday afternoon.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
A man perused magazines, then asked for a pharmacist for an allergy medicine recommendation at Swan Serve U Pharmacy, 9130 North Ave. He said he left his money at his home nearby and asked if the pharmacist would stay at the store for a few minutes beyond the 3 p.m. closing time so he could return with the money.
When the customer returned at 3:15 p.m., he handed the pharmacist a note claiming he had a gun and demanding oxycodone.
The pharmacist didn't see a weapon so he yelled at the man to get out. The robber took a magazine and allergy medicine and took off.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum