A man attempted to rob a Wauwatosa pharmacy of prescription painkillers Sunday afternoon.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
A man perused magazines, then asked for a pharmacist for an allergy medicine recommendation at Swan Serve U Pharmacy, 9130 North Ave. He said he left his money at his home nearby and asked if the pharmacist would stay at the store for a few minutes beyond the 3 p.m. closing time so he could return with the money.
When the customer returned at 3:15 p.m., he handed the pharmacist a note claiming he had a gun and demanding oxycodone.
The pharmacist didn't see a weapon so he yelled at the man to get out. The robber took a magazine and allergy medicine and took off.
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: The Flower Lady stays true to the Village, and finds room to grow
- Tosa fire chief named to Wisconsin State Fire Chiefs Association
- Wauwatosa's 22nd Secret Garden Tour scheduled for July 9
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30
- Wauwatosa Village businesses remain upbeat amid ongoing reconstruction
- East Tosa Gran Prix draws racers from across the continent