A man attempted to rob a Wauwatosa pharmacy of prescription painkillers Sunday afternoon.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
A man perused magazines, then asked for a pharmacist for an allergy medicine recommendation at Swan Serve U Pharmacy, 9130 North Ave. He said he left his money at his home nearby and asked if the pharmacist would stay at the store for a few minutes beyond the 3 p.m. closing time so he could return with the money.
When the customer returned at 3:15 p.m., he handed the pharmacist a note claiming he had a gun and demanding oxycodone.
The pharmacist didn't see a weapon so he yelled at the man to get out. The robber took a magazine and allergy medicine and took off.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Suburban Woman's Club of Wauwatosa awards scholarships to teachers
- Seniors now eligible for free Milwaukee County bus passes
- MMSD bringing Schoonmaker creek above ground near river in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 16
- Mara is new DBA director of public relations
- In Brief: April 16
- Choice school looks to occupy Wauwatosa building that housed Pius (9)
- Wauwatosa woman accused of falsely claiming ex-husband's death to receive benefits
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: April 16
- Wauwatosa dry cleaner seeks permission to use former City Market building