Nate Ristow, a Wauwatosa resident and Gov. Scott Walker's former assistant legal counsel, is the latest person to enter the race for the state's 13th Assembly District seat.
"My message of bold conservative reforms that promote limited government, constitutionalism and job growth is resonating with the residents of the 13th Assembly District," Ristow said in his candidacy announcement today. "I look forward to earning the opportunity to represent my friends and neighbors in Madison as we continue to move Wisconsin forward."
Having submitted his nomination papers to the Government Accountability Board, Ristow will be included on the ballot for the race, which begins with an Aug. 14 partisan primary election.
Ristow is the fourth Republican and fifth candidate overall to file for the seat that will be vacated by David Cullen, D-Milwaukee, who chose not to seek re-election. The others are John Pokrandt, D-Wauwatosa; Matt Adamczyk, R-Brookfield; Rob Hutton, R-Brookfield; and Thomas Schellinger, R-Brookfield.
The 13th Assembly District covers areas of Wauwatosa, Brookfield, Elm Grove and West Allis and Milwaukee.
Ristow was appointed as Walker's Assistant Legal Counsel in January 2011, serving in that role for over a year. For more information on the candidate, go to NateRistow.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Bavaria, relatively new, harkens to the old world
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What can be done to make the Village more pedestrian-friendly?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 30
- Annual 'Tosa's Night Out' is Aug. 4 at Hart Park
- Container Store opens at Mayfair this fall: Container Store opens at Mayfair this fall
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 30
- Mayfair holds back-to-school style event
- Tosa police: stealing vehicles to 'joy ride' is new trend among criminals (2)
- Medical College of Wisconsin construction begins Aug. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: July 23, 2015 issue