Nate Ristow, a Wauwatosa resident and Gov. Scott Walker's former assistant legal counsel, is the latest person to enter the race for the state's 13th Assembly District seat.
"My message of bold conservative reforms that promote limited government, constitutionalism and job growth is resonating with the residents of the 13th Assembly District," Ristow said in his candidacy announcement today. "I look forward to earning the opportunity to represent my friends and neighbors in Madison as we continue to move Wisconsin forward."
Having submitted his nomination papers to the Government Accountability Board, Ristow will be included on the ballot for the race, which begins with an Aug. 14 partisan primary election.
Ristow is the fourth Republican and fifth candidate overall to file for the seat that will be vacated by David Cullen, D-Milwaukee, who chose not to seek re-election. The others are John Pokrandt, D-Wauwatosa; Matt Adamczyk, R-Brookfield; Rob Hutton, R-Brookfield; and Thomas Schellinger, R-Brookfield.
The 13th Assembly District covers areas of Wauwatosa, Brookfield, Elm Grove and West Allis and Milwaukee.
Ristow was appointed as Walker's Assistant Legal Counsel in January 2011, serving in that role for over a year. For more information on the candidate, go to NateRistow.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School