Nate Ristow, a Wauwatosa resident and Gov. Scott Walker's former assistant legal counsel, is the latest person to enter the race for the state's 13th Assembly District seat.
"My message of bold conservative reforms that promote limited government, constitutionalism and job growth is resonating with the residents of the 13th Assembly District," Ristow said in his candidacy announcement today. "I look forward to earning the opportunity to represent my friends and neighbors in Madison as we continue to move Wisconsin forward."
Having submitted his nomination papers to the Government Accountability Board, Ristow will be included on the ballot for the race, which begins with an Aug. 14 partisan primary election.
Ristow is the fourth Republican and fifth candidate overall to file for the seat that will be vacated by David Cullen, D-Milwaukee, who chose not to seek re-election. The others are John Pokrandt, D-Wauwatosa; Matt Adamczyk, R-Brookfield; Rob Hutton, R-Brookfield; and Thomas Schellinger, R-Brookfield.
The 13th Assembly District covers areas of Wauwatosa, Brookfield, Elm Grove and West Allis and Milwaukee.
Ristow was appointed as Walker's Assistant Legal Counsel in January 2011, serving in that role for over a year. For more information on the candidate, go to NateRistow.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Children's theater presents free performance of "The Frog Prince" tomorrow night
- Future Wauwatosa high school graduates face new science requirements
- Wauwatosa's Night Out celebrates 20th anniversary Aug. 5
- Wauwatosa responds to concerns about radiation from water meters
- State Fair highlights Wauwatosa businesses, crafts
- Ask Now: Do police officers still give out baseball cards?
- Wauwatosa's Hawaiian specialty store crowdfunds commercial kitchen
- Wisconsin's only texting-while-driving simulator, demonstrated in Wauwatosa, sobers distracted drive
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 31
- Biz Buzz: July 31