Retired Wauwatosa police detective John Dubinski is the nominee to fill the District 2 aldermanic seat vacated earlier this year by Eric Meaux.
A selection committee voted 3-2 on Monday to recommend Dubinski. The appointment must be approved by the entire council June 19.
"This is my opportunity to give back to the community," said Dubinski, who has lived in Wauwatosa for more than 30 years.
He and his wife have raised four children.
He retired from the Police Department, where he specialized in computer crimes and forensics, in 2010. He now has the time for civic involvement, he said.
Each district has two aldermen. Dubinski, if appointed, will join Alderwoman Kathleen Causier in representing the district.
Five people had submitted applications to be considered for the post.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?