Retired Wauwatosa police detective John Dubinski is the nominee to fill the District 2 aldermanic seat vacated earlier this year by Eric Meaux.
A selection committee voted 3-2 on Monday to recommend Dubinski. The appointment must be approved by the entire council June 19.
"This is my opportunity to give back to the community," said Dubinski, who has lived in Wauwatosa for more than 30 years.
He and his wife have raised four children.
He retired from the Police Department, where he specialized in computer crimes and forensics, in 2010. He now has the time for civic involvement, he said.
Each district has two aldermen. Dubinski, if appointed, will join Alderwoman Kathleen Causier in representing the district.
Five people had submitted applications to be considered for the post.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Business Notes: May 28
- Run Tosa Run raises $3K for Ronald McDonald House
- Senior Meals: Week of June 1
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: May 28
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city