Retired Wauwatosa police detective John Dubinski is the nominee to fill the District 2 aldermanic seat vacated earlier this year by Eric Meaux.
A selection committee voted 3-2 on Monday to recommend Dubinski. The appointment must be approved by the entire council June 19.
"This is my opportunity to give back to the community," said Dubinski, who has lived in Wauwatosa for more than 30 years.
He and his wife have raised four children.
He retired from the Police Department, where he specialized in computer crimes and forensics, in 2010. He now has the time for civic involvement, he said.
Each district has two aldermen. Dubinski, if appointed, will join Alderwoman Kathleen Causier in representing the district.
Five people had submitted applications to be considered for the post.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Dec. 3
- Wauwatosa firefighters captured on video battling car flames
- German retailer VOM FASS opens at Mayfair Mall
- Wauwatosa man involved in fatal Dane County crash
- Wauwatosa Holiday Happenings 2015
- Stone Creek Coffee looks to open Harwood Avenue location in Tosa
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Dec. 7
- Business Spotlight: Face time is the best time for photographer Stephanie Bartz
- Business Notes: Nov. 26
- Wauwatosa unveils convenient, affordable water online water bill payment options