Retired Wauwatosa police detective John Dubinski is the nominee to fill the District 2 aldermanic seat vacated earlier this year by Eric Meaux.
A selection committee voted 3-2 on Monday to recommend Dubinski. The appointment must be approved by the entire council June 19.
"This is my opportunity to give back to the community," said Dubinski, who has lived in Wauwatosa for more than 30 years.
He and his wife have raised four children.
He retired from the Police Department, where he specialized in computer crimes and forensics, in 2010. He now has the time for civic involvement, he said.
Each district has two aldermen. Dubinski, if appointed, will join Alderwoman Kathleen Causier in representing the district.
Five people had submitted applications to be considered for the post.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa's Lady in Red reopens as Nikki's Boutique after remodel
- 'Tarzan' takes flight at Wauwatosa East
- Tosa Recreation Dept. to hold textile recycling event
- Exactly 175 years ago, Wauwatosa became a town (3)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 30
- Milwaukee teens charged for armed robbery in Mayfair bathroom
- Parents raise conflict of interest concerns about Wauwatosa School Board member (20)
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: April 30
- In Our Schools: April 30
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Chiropractor says it's not just about the spine