Retired Wauwatosa police detective John Dubinski is the nominee to fill the District 2 aldermanic seat vacated earlier this year by Eric Meaux.
A selection committee voted 3-2 on Monday to recommend Dubinski. The appointment must be approved by the entire council June 19.
"This is my opportunity to give back to the community," said Dubinski, who has lived in Wauwatosa for more than 30 years.
He and his wife have raised four children.
He retired from the Police Department, where he specialized in computer crimes and forensics, in 2010. He now has the time for civic involvement, he said.
Each district has two aldermen. Dubinski, if appointed, will join Alderwoman Kathleen Causier in representing the district.
Five people had submitted applications to be considered for the post.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask NOW: Is Currie Dog Park expanding?
- Business Notes: May 16
- Rios appointed to take open Tosa School Board seat
- Wauwatosa preservation panel approves plan for Eschweiler buildings
- Village of Wauwatosa starts work on new signage system
- ANEW offers seniors in need of care options
- Developer drops controversial Village project in Wauwatosa
- Baseball diamond project gets Wauwatosa panel's approval
- News & Notes: May 16
- Local bands compete in Launchpad event