A Wauwatosa man received a letter in the mail last week threatening to break the windows on his home if he didn't put up a yard sign showing support for Gov. Scott Walker.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The resident of Elm Spring Avenue had been featured a few weeks ago in a Milwaukee Journal Sentinel article about damage to his Recall Walker yard sign. He believes the letter came in direct response, with it addressed to "crybaby."
He took the letter to police at 11:50 a.m. Wednesday.
"You need a Stand for Walker sign in your front yard by next week," the letter read. "Otherwise your windows go."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Kids dig into nature at Camp Arrowhead
- I-94 closure 'smooth as could be'
- Residents seek ideas for changes at Center Street Park
- Wauwatosa honors first responders
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 10
- Menomonee River 14-year-old drowning victim identified
- Comb 'N Shear in Wauwatosa gives personalized service
- Ask Now: Will the city ever collect recyclables on a weekly basis?
- University Lab School may be stuck without a home