A Wauwatosa man received a letter in the mail last week threatening to break the windows on his home if he didn't put up a yard sign showing support for Gov. Scott Walker.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The resident of Elm Spring Avenue had been featured a few weeks ago in a Milwaukee Journal Sentinel article about damage to his Recall Walker yard sign. He believes the letter came in direct response, with it addressed to "crybaby."
He took the letter to police at 11:50 a.m. Wednesday.
"You need a Stand for Walker sign in your front yard by next week," the letter read. "Otherwise your windows go."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Thousands of items on sale at Wauwatosa Public Library in late October
- Wauwatosa School District to host 'Autism Insights and Strategies'
- Public invited to name baby giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 8
- In Brief: Nordstrom fundraising; Village streetscaping
- Wauwatosa School Board outlines district development plan (1)
- Proposed Wauwatosa budget would result in lower taxes (1)
- Aurora Health Care plans $35 million improvements at Wauwatosa campus
- In speech at Wauwatosa West, urban farmer Will Allen stresses need for sustainable food systems
- Public invited to Wauwatosa Village streetscape workshop