A Wauwatosa man received a letter in the mail last week threatening to break the windows on his home if he didn't put up a yard sign showing support for Gov. Scott Walker.
According to a Wauwatosa Police Department report:
The resident of Elm Spring Avenue had been featured a few weeks ago in a Milwaukee Journal Sentinel article about damage to his Recall Walker yard sign. He believes the letter came in direct response, with it addressed to "crybaby."
He took the letter to police at 11:50 a.m. Wednesday.
"You need a Stand for Walker sign in your front yard by next week," the letter read. "Otherwise your windows go."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Our Schools: May 20
- Ask NOW: Is Currie Dog Park expanding?
- Business Notes: May 16
- Rios appointed to take open Tosa School Board seat
- Wauwatosa preservation panel approves plan for Eschweiler buildings
- Village of Wauwatosa starts work on new signage system
- ANEW offers seniors in need of care options
- Developer drops controversial Village project in Wauwatosa
- Baseball diamond project gets Wauwatosa panel's approval
- News & Notes: May 16