While it might not seem like a standout item on the Common Council's agenda, allowing owners of restaurant Juniper 61 to put a bike rack in the city right of way could be the start of something big in East Tosa, Alderman Bobby Pantuso said tonight.
He has been talking to Kevin Hardman, a Wauwatosa resident and executive director of the Bicycle Federation of Wisconsin, in hopes of finding grant funds to help more businesses along North Avenue install bicycle racks and promote pedaling.
"I would like every business to be a bike-friendly in East Tosa - in the entire city for that matter," he said.
There are cities where racks double as art, Pantuso said, adding that perhaps a city could sponsor a contest.
The council approved the Juniper 61 request.
- Shoulder mount of beloved deer 'Bow Tie' to return to Milwaukee Co. Parks
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the stone walls of Schoonmacher Creek be repaired?
- Mount Mary University students gear up for CREO fashion show in Tosa
- Art majors find their footing at Mount Mary
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 9
- Wauwatosa Village streetscape work slotted to begin May 9 (2)
- Wauwatosa In Brief: May 5
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 24-30