While it might not seem like a standout item on the Common Council's agenda, allowing owners of restaurant Juniper 61 to put a bike rack in the city right of way could be the start of something big in East Tosa, Alderman Bobby Pantuso said tonight.
He has been talking to Kevin Hardman, a Wauwatosa resident and executive director of the Bicycle Federation of Wisconsin, in hopes of finding grant funds to help more businesses along North Avenue install bicycle racks and promote pedaling.
"I would like every business to be a bike-friendly in East Tosa - in the entire city for that matter," he said.
There are cities where racks double as art, Pantuso said, adding that perhaps a city could sponsor a contest.
The council approved the Juniper 61 request.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Sept. 7
- Brookfield and Elm Grove Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Sept. 3
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: Sept. 3
- Hundreds of Tosa residents experienced short power outage Aug. 27
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (5)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa