A teen tried to take another boy's MP3 player and assaulted him in the process while they were hanging out near the Menomonee River.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The boy and his friend were swinging on a rope across the river near Hoyt Park, 1800 Swan Blvd., at 5 p.m. March 21. He had put his MP3 player on a tree stump so it wouldn't be damaged.
Meanwhile, another group of boys arrived to throw rocks in the river, and one saw the MP3 player. He told the owner he wanted it, and they started to fight.
Eventually adults walking by broke up the fight. The boy who tried to take the music player got in several punches before throwing the MP3 player back at the victim, who suffered a cut lip and facial bruising.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Ask Now: What is being built at Hart Park?
- Bob Simi, new director at Milwaukee Regional Medical Center, sees opportunities for development
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- Newly designed NICU at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin creates homelike environment
- Wauwatosa breaks out its holiday cheer
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Nov. 27
- Ethnic foods unite Eisenhower fifth-graders for pre-Thanksgiving feast
- Found in possession of stolen jewelry, Wauwatosa's Gold Emporium could lose license
- Ice skating to return to Center Street Park on Wauwatosa border after decades away
- U.S. Naval Academy midshipman educates young minds at Our Redeemer Lutheran School