A teen tried to take another boy's MP3 player and assaulted him in the process while they were hanging out near the Menomonee River.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The boy and his friend were swinging on a rope across the river near Hoyt Park, 1800 Swan Blvd., at 5 p.m. March 21. He had put his MP3 player on a tree stump so it wouldn't be damaged.
Meanwhile, another group of boys arrived to throw rocks in the river, and one saw the MP3 player. He told the owner he wanted it, and they started to fight.
Eventually adults walking by broke up the fight. The boy who tried to take the music player got in several punches before throwing the MP3 player back at the victim, who suffered a cut lip and facial bruising.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Zoo Interchange ramp closing March 26-April 2
- Wauwatiki plans to bring Caribbean cuisine, cocktails to East Tosa
- Student writing contest entries due today
- Wauwatosa East students reeling from teacher's sudden resignation
- Wauwatosans lobby lawmakers for public education funding
- Wauwatosa police warn residents about buying fake iPhones
- Education Foundation of Wauwatosa donates $69,784 to district in 8 grants
- Washington Ranks among Healthier Counties in Wisconsin's Health Rankings
- Ask Now: Why is there only one westbound Watertown Plank Road lane leading to Highway 45 ramps?
- Cattywampus upcycling store in Wauwatosa makes vintage decor modern