A teen tried to take another boy's MP3 player and assaulted him in the process while they were hanging out near the Menomonee River.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The boy and his friend were swinging on a rope across the river near Hoyt Park, 1800 Swan Blvd., at 5 p.m. March 21. He had put his MP3 player on a tree stump so it wouldn't be damaged.
Meanwhile, another group of boys arrived to throw rocks in the river, and one saw the MP3 player. He told the owner he wanted it, and they started to fight.
Eventually adults walking by broke up the fight. The boy who tried to take the music player got in several punches before throwing the MP3 player back at the victim, who suffered a cut lip and facial bruising.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card
- 1,001 books before kindergarten is more than just a list
- Biz Buzz: Salon, bakery, and chiropractor opening soon
- Fire Chief pulls support from TosaFest fundraiser after firefighters run ad 'embarrassing' city
- In Our Schools: September 18
- EFW grants inspire enriching classroom curriculum