The Public Service Commission of Wisconsin and the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources have reviewed American Transmission Co.'s application, submitted in February, for two new transmission lines meant to improve electric system reliability in Western Milwaukee County. The agencies determined the application is complete.
This determination of completeness signifies the start of a 180-day review period by the PSC during which it will evaluate the project, hold public hearings and conduct technical hearings before rendering a decision on the project, ATC officials said in a news release.
The Western Milwaukee County Electric Reliability Project, announced in October 2010, involves the construction of two transmission line connections to serve a new substation proposed by We Energies near Watertown Plank Road and 93rd Street, adjacent to the existing We Energies Milwaukee County power plant and substation.
If the project is approved, the PSC will select the final two transmission line routes; variations on four routes have been proposed. Construction of the new lines and substation would begin in 2014 with the expectation they would operational the following year.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Village valet service tentatively halted on Sundays
- Ask Now: Can parts of Milwaukee get annexed back into Wauwatosa?
- Wauwatosa School District filled a 'typical' 60 jobs this summer (1)
- Monarch advocates celebrate 10th year of releasing butterflies at County Grounds in Wauwatosa
- Disability advocates concerned about lack of housing in Wauwatosa
- Gay Ex-Wauwatosa police officer says she endured years of harassment, gets $77k settlement
- Wauwatosa's Diva Day brings shopping deals and business boosts
- Wauwatosa things to do: August 27
- Suspected pipe bomb draws neighborhood attention in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa School District mobile app now available for download