Two Milwaukee women, ages 54 and 48, told police they took $116 of clothing from Goodwill, 12121 W. Feerick St., at 5:29 p.m. Nov. 13 because they had lost their jobs and times are hard.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
After being asked about the items, both women admitted to taking the clothes. One said that she recently lost her job and was going to give some of the stolen goods to her granddaughter. The other said she also had lost her job and that she was going through a rough divorce.
The two women had an elaborate theft system, putting the items in purses on top of other items, doing a cart swap and having one of the women purchase some items.
Most of the items taken were clothing or shoes.
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: May 5
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 5
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 5
- Wauwatosa East student named 2016 presidential scholar
- Tosa Tonight announces 2016 concert headliners
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa