A 24-year-old Milwaukee man was arrested for fraud after he accepted payment for work he hadn't completed and hadn't been authorized to do, according to Wauwatosa police.
The Wauwatosa police report goes on to say that:
Curry Park Automotive paid the man, who they believed was working for Wes's Tire Service, $107 to remove 39 tires from the property.
However, some of the tires that were to have been removed were later found in the bushes along the alleyway, and tires in one garage weren't moved at all.
The owner of Curry Park Automotive called Wes's Tire Service, and learned that the man had been fired from Wes's about a month earlier.
Wes's Tire Service reimbursed Curry Park Automotive to remain in good standing with them.
Police went to the man's house and arrested him. He told officers he didn't know he had been fired but knew he was in trouble for his monthlong absence.
He admitted to throwing some of the tires in the alleyway and recycling around 20 tires.
He also admitted to doing the same thing at Toor Automotive in Milwaukee.
He said that he needed the money to pay for Vicodin and penicillin.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (3)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?