A warrant has been issued for a 32-year-old Milwaukee man police say led them on a car chase after an officer tried to pull him over for a seatbelt violation last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Jeffrey Reimann was not wearing his seatbelt and an officer was working under a seatbelt enforcement grant through the Click It or Ticket program at 10:02 a.m. May 23.
He didn't immediately pull over. Instead he rolled through a stop sign at 92nd and Marion streets and paused briefly before taking off. He reached 60 mph and covered 1.2 miles before the pursuit was terminated.
A background check showed Reimann was wanted on warrants from Washington County for drug dealing so a temporary felony warrant was issued for his arrest. Wauwatosa police are also seeking a felony warrant for fleeing an officer.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: Oct. 8
- In Brief: Nordstrom fundraising; Village streetscaping
- Wauwatosa School Board outlines district development plan (1)
- Proposed Wauwatosa budget would result in lower taxes
- Aurora Health Care plans $35 million improvements at Wauwatosa campus
- In speech at Wauwatosa West, urban farmer Will Allen stresses need for sustainable food systems
- Public invited to Wauwatosa Village streetscape workshop
- Large crowd in Wauwatosa gymnasium discusses coyote attacks, seeks answers (8)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Oct. 12
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Oct. 8