A warrant has been issued for a 32-year-old Milwaukee man police say led them on a car chase after an officer tried to pull him over for a seatbelt violation last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Jeffrey Reimann was not wearing his seatbelt and an officer was working under a seatbelt enforcement grant through the Click It or Ticket program at 10:02 a.m. May 23.
He didn't immediately pull over. Instead he rolled through a stop sign at 92nd and Marion streets and paused briefly before taking off. He reached 60 mph and covered 1.2 miles before the pursuit was terminated.
A background check showed Reimann was wanted on warrants from Washington County for drug dealing so a temporary felony warrant was issued for his arrest. Wauwatosa police are also seeking a felony warrant for fleeing an officer.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wellness fair promotes healthy lifestyle among Wilson Elementary students
- In Our Schools: March 6
- Police Report: March 6
- Change aims for user-friendly government
- Ask NOW: When will North Avenue traffic signals be improved?
- Common Council reconsiders smartphone stipend
- Audit exposes weaknesses in school district's special ed program
- City's private/public agency dies quietly
- City Administrator Archambo gets 3-year deal that will take him to $150,000