A woman allegedly tried to escape her fifth drunken driving offense by driving drunkenly away from police.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The 51-year-old Wauwatosa woman had purchased a bottle of wine at Pick 'n Save, 1717 N. Mayfair Road, dropped her bag, purchased lottery tickets and dropped her bag again about 8 p.m. Sept. 19. She fell in the parking lot before getting in her car. That's when Pick 'n Save employees called the cops.
Police pulled the woman over a few blocks away from Pick 'n Save.
The officer, noticing her slurred speech and the smell of liquor, asked her for her driver's license. She said she had forgotten it in her apartment. The officer asked her if it was in her purse, which was sitting on the passenger seat. That's when she put the car in gear and sped into a parking lot.
An assisting officer pulled her from the vehicle before she was able to leave the parking lot.
A search of the vehicle revealed that she did have her license with her. It had been revoked after her fourth drunken driving conviction.
She was arrested for drunken driving, fifth offense.
Her blood was drawn to determine her blood-alcohol content.
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)
- Business Spotlight: Cranky Al's has grown from desperation to a Wauwatosa institution (4)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: July21
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Lecture at library to address existentialism and anxiety