Two homes were the subject of burglaries this past week, even though nothing of value was stolen.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A home on the 2600 block of North 64th Street and a home on the 1200 block of West Hadley Street were broken into before 9 p.m. Oct. 16.
One home had its front door kicked in while no one was home. After a search of the property, the homeowner concluded the burglars must have fled before taking any items.
The home on Hadley was unlocked and thieves entered through a rear door in the basement. The homeowners had left their son in the house while they attended parent-teacher conferences. The homeowners assumed that their house must have been watched by the burglars, who were scared off when they heard their son upstairs.
The son said that he didn't hear anything out of the ordinary and presumed the basement door and window were opened by the wind.
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 26
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 30
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: May 26
- Video: Reporter takes us along the 2016 Run Tosa Run
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Tips for finding the perfect bicycle
- Five biking routes to try in Wauwatosa and beyond this summer
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 19
- Campus News: May 19