Baristas at Starbucks, 3900 N. 124th St., had a nasty surprise for the third time at 12:44 p.m. Feb. 13. A man had stolen their tip jar.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
An anonymous customer told the manager that a man had just taken the tip jar and was running out the door.
While there was only $20 in the tip jar, the manager wasn't about to let the man get away without a chase. He bolted down the road, pursuing him for a quarter-mile.
The chase ended at the 12100 block of West Capitol Drive, where the thief jumped into a waiting getaway car and flew down the road.
The vehicle is described as a gold-colored, mid-'90s station wagon with a rounded back end.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Three aquatic parks, including Hoyt Pool, to stay open through Monday
- 88-year-old passenger dies after three-car crash in Tosa
- Police say train accident was 'apparent suicide' by Oak Creek man
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking allowed on both sides of Menomonee River Parkway?
- New associate principals at Wauwatosa East High School come from Milwaukee, Waukesha
- Tajikistan visit expands outlook on food sources and heritage for Wauwatosa West students
- New school year for the Wauwatosa School District brings new standards, evaluations and projects
- Ronald McDonald House in Wauwatosa to double number of families it serves
- Germantown district pursues personalized learning options