Baristas at Starbucks, 3900 N. 124th St., had a nasty surprise for the third time at 12:44 p.m. Feb. 13. A man had stolen their tip jar.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
An anonymous customer told the manager that a man had just taken the tip jar and was running out the door.
While there was only $20 in the tip jar, the manager wasn't about to let the man get away without a chase. He bolted down the road, pursuing him for a quarter-mile.
The chase ended at the 12100 block of West Capitol Drive, where the thief jumped into a waiting getaway car and flew down the road.
The vehicle is described as a gold-colored, mid-'90s station wagon with a rounded back end.
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)
- Business Spotlight: Cranky Al's has grown from desperation to a Wauwatosa institution (4)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: July21
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Lecture at library to address existentialism and anxiety