A man got an unhappy birthday surprise from Wauwatosa police when they found his party favors included 6.55 grams of marijuana and multiple items of paraphernalia, some of which were created by the party goers.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Two Wauwatosa men, ages 19 and 20, were arrested for drug possession after an anonymous tip led police to a garage with a marijuana smell coming out of it.
The men answered the door, asking police if they were looking for a cat. The police could see a table with a hookah, a three-foot bong, a glass pipe, a rolling machine and two bags of marijuana sitting on it.
Police arrested the men and, after further investigation, found that many of the pieces were made by them. The hookah was made from an Arizona iced tea bottle, the pipe was made from a 9/32 inch socket and there was a medicine bottle that was converted into a pipe with aluminum foil.
The men said that they made the paraphernalia with household items and they only used the bong for tobacco. They said they found the bong on the streets of Las Vegas.
The incident occurred in the 200 block of North 110th Place at 12:21 a.m. Sept. 27.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 17-23 (1)
- Monarch-friendly plants for sale in Wauwatosa Sunday
- Wauwatosa reaches deal on Locust Street drop-off lot for students
- Consultant begins process to redesign Wauwatosa Village streetscape (2)
- Wauwatosa farmers market opening for sixth season Saturday
- Milwaukee man charged for causing fatal rollover crash in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa committee approves choice school with late day care hours (6)
- Former manager of Reserve apartments in Wauwatosa accused of embezzling rent money
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 28
- In Our Schools: May 28