A man got an unhappy birthday surprise from Wauwatosa police when they found his party favors included 6.55 grams of marijuana and multiple items of paraphernalia, some of which were created by the party goers.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Two Wauwatosa men, ages 19 and 20, were arrested for drug possession after an anonymous tip led police to a garage with a marijuana smell coming out of it.
The men answered the door, asking police if they were looking for a cat. The police could see a table with a hookah, a three-foot bong, a glass pipe, a rolling machine and two bags of marijuana sitting on it.
Police arrested the men and, after further investigation, found that many of the pieces were made by them. The hookah was made from an Arizona iced tea bottle, the pipe was made from a 9/32 inch socket and there was a medicine bottle that was converted into a pipe with aluminum foil.
The men said that they made the paraphernalia with household items and they only used the bong for tobacco. They said they found the bong on the streets of Las Vegas.
The incident occurred in the 200 block of North 110th Place at 12:21 a.m. Sept. 27.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Eisenhower resale seeks sellers
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound?
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Feb. 8
- Video: Wauwatosa man makes 'miracle' recovery after dying for 8 minutes (2)
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Council mistaken in not funding Center Street Park
- Wauwatosa officials could soon participate in meetings via computer
- Work at State Street Station in Wauwatosa has neighbors rattled (5)
- Wauwatosa students win dozens of awards from Alliance for Young Artists & Writers