A five-car collision was the scene of a drunken-driving arrest last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A 45-year-old Milwaukee man was said by witnesses to be driving 70-80 MPH in the 1700 block of North Mayfair Road when he slammed into a car trying to change lanes at 2:19 p.m. Dec. 10.
That car caromed off his and into another car, causing a chain reaction of bent steel and broken glass.
A 50-year-old man was sent to the hospital as a result of the accident.
The alleged drunken driver was found behind the wheel with glassy eyes, slurred speech and stinking of booze. Police arrested the man after he failed multiple field sobriety tests.
Police also found a 4.5 gram bag of marijuana on the man. He admitted to drinking one and a half 24-ounce cans of beer before taking a muscle relaxer.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Late-falling leaves a headache for Wauwatosa
- Birschel says he will not run for re-election
- Police: Man slumped over in broken car arrested for OWI
- Ask NOW: What is the purpose of Discovery Parkway?
- Scam perpetrators use identity of local company
- This Week in Tosa History: Dec. 5
- Property tax bills hit mailboxes next week
- Skate park fundraising reaches $240,000
- More than 1,000 go blue for Sebena
- New Swan Blvd. soon to open as Mayfair work ends north of I-94