A five-car collision was the scene of a drunken-driving arrest last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A 45-year-old Milwaukee man was said by witnesses to be driving 70-80 MPH in the 1700 block of North Mayfair Road when he slammed into a car trying to change lanes at 2:19 p.m. Dec. 10.
That car caromed off his and into another car, causing a chain reaction of bent steel and broken glass.
A 50-year-old man was sent to the hospital as a result of the accident.
The alleged drunken driver was found behind the wheel with glassy eyes, slurred speech and stinking of booze. Police arrested the man after he failed multiple field sobriety tests.
Police also found a 4.5 gram bag of marijuana on the man. He admitted to drinking one and a half 24-ounce cans of beer before taking a muscle relaxer.
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (2)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: May 26
- Transit officials: proposed BRT system could attract thousands of new riders