A five-car collision was the scene of a drunken-driving arrest last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A 45-year-old Milwaukee man was said by witnesses to be driving 70-80 MPH in the 1700 block of North Mayfair Road when he slammed into a car trying to change lanes at 2:19 p.m. Dec. 10.
That car caromed off his and into another car, causing a chain reaction of bent steel and broken glass.
A 50-year-old man was sent to the hospital as a result of the accident.
The alleged drunken driver was found behind the wheel with glassy eyes, slurred speech and stinking of booze. Police arrested the man after he failed multiple field sobriety tests.
Police also found a 4.5 gram bag of marijuana on the man. He admitted to drinking one and a half 24-ounce cans of beer before taking a muscle relaxer.
- Shoulder mount of beloved deer 'Bow Tie' to return to Milwaukee Co. Parks
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the stone walls of Schoonmacher Creek be repaired?
- Mount Mary University students gear up for CREO fashion show in Tosa
- Art majors find their footing at Mount Mary
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 9
- Wauwatosa Village streetscape work slotted to begin May 9 (2)
- Wauwatosa In Brief: May 5
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 24-30