A burglar or burglars at a Wauwatosa home kicked open a back door and used a handgun to shoot open an interior door during an incident last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A rear door of a home in the 10000 block of West Park Ridge Avenue was kicked in and a television taken between 6 p.m. Oct. 16 and 12:10 p.m. Oct. 18.
The homeowner and police went through the house, noticing multiple drawers pulled out and belongings rummaged through. Closets had been ransacked, costume jewelry was strewn about and every room had been gone through.
When the homeowner and police got to a side room, they noticed two bullet holes in the door. Police also found two .22 caliber shells on the ground. The suspects had apparently shot the door twice to gain entrance. The television inside the room was taken.
Two bottles of liquor were also taken from the house, resulting in a total loss of $550.
Police also reported two other Wauwatosa homes were broken into last week, but nothing was reported stolen.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (9)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series