A burglar or burglars at a Wauwatosa home kicked open a back door and used a handgun to shoot open an interior door during an incident last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A rear door of a home in the 10000 block of West Park Ridge Avenue was kicked in and a television taken between 6 p.m. Oct. 16 and 12:10 p.m. Oct. 18.
The homeowner and police went through the house, noticing multiple drawers pulled out and belongings rummaged through. Closets had been ransacked, costume jewelry was strewn about and every room had been gone through.
When the homeowner and police got to a side room, they noticed two bullet holes in the door. Police also found two .22 caliber shells on the ground. The suspects had apparently shot the door twice to gain entrance. The television inside the room was taken.
Two bottles of liquor were also taken from the house, resulting in a total loss of $550.
Police also reported two other Wauwatosa homes were broken into last week, but nothing was reported stolen.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa hosts wedding expo for same-sex couples
- Wauwatosa's Underwood Elementary students donate candy to troops overseas
- Business Spotlight: Wauwatosa yoga and massage center aims to bring body and mind into focus
- In Wauwatosa, aging tailor joins forces with fashion-designing granddaughter
- WSTEM's outdoor classroom continues learning beyond classroom
- In Brief: Tosa Yoga hosts craft fair and Blood Center gains alliance
- Wauwatosa passes levy increase with four aldermen dissenting
- Wauwatosa man's dream 'Ability Center' could have $15 million annual impact, study finds
- Mystery Photo Contest: Nov. 20
- Duct tape fashion show raises money for Longfellow DI program in Wauwatosa