A burglar or burglars at a Wauwatosa home kicked open a back door and used a handgun to shoot open an interior door during an incident last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A rear door of a home in the 10000 block of West Park Ridge Avenue was kicked in and a television taken between 6 p.m. Oct. 16 and 12:10 p.m. Oct. 18.
The homeowner and police went through the house, noticing multiple drawers pulled out and belongings rummaged through. Closets had been ransacked, costume jewelry was strewn about and every room had been gone through.
When the homeowner and police got to a side room, they noticed two bullet holes in the door. Police also found two .22 caliber shells on the ground. The suspects had apparently shot the door twice to gain entrance. The television inside the room was taken.
Two bottles of liquor were also taken from the house, resulting in a total loss of $550.
Police also reported two other Wauwatosa homes were broken into last week, but nothing was reported stolen.
- Store owners, police weigh in on string of protests at Mayfair mall
- Our newspaper website is changing
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: July 28
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)