A 37-year-old Jackson man was arrested for violating parole and drug-related charges after Wauwatosa police found him asleep behind the wheel on Mayfair Road last week.
According to the police report:
The man was passed out behind the wheel of a car with a marijuana pipe in his hand when police arrived at the intersection of Mayfair Road and Burleigh Street at 9:13 p.m. on Sept. 19.
The man tried hiding the pipe when he was asked to step outside the vehicle. There was also a bag of a leafy green substance labeled "Bizarre: not for human consumption" on his center console.
When police asked him what he was doing, he said he was going to work.
He failed a field sobriety test. He was so tired that he had to be helped walking to the squad car. He immediately fell asleep when he was put in the back.
He was cited for violating parole, drugged driving and possession of drug paraphernalia.
The 2.8 grams of the substance on his console tested negative for marijuana. Police speculate that the substance was a synthetic marijuana substance but have yet to see the final test results.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Taste of the Town: Eddie Martini's remains a classic stop
- Wauwatosa businesses recognized for employing people with disabilities
- Neighbors continue combating Wauwatosa Woman's Club parking proposal
- Wauwatosa's Center Street, lined with schools, could see sidewalks, bike lanes
- Wauwatosa negotiating financial aid for Underwood apartments
- Weekly Planner: Oct. 23
- Tosa East Players perform play-within-a-play in 'Curtains'
- What to expect as Wauwautosa YMCA changes hands
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why don't public and parochial schools have the same schedules?
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Oct. 23