A 37-year-old Jackson man was arrested for violating parole and drug-related charges after Wauwatosa police found him asleep behind the wheel on Mayfair Road last week.
According to the police report:
The man was passed out behind the wheel of a car with a marijuana pipe in his hand when police arrived at the intersection of Mayfair Road and Burleigh Street at 9:13 p.m. on Sept. 19.
The man tried hiding the pipe when he was asked to step outside the vehicle. There was also a bag of a leafy green substance labeled "Bizarre: not for human consumption" on his center console.
When police asked him what he was doing, he said he was going to work.
He failed a field sobriety test. He was so tired that he had to be helped walking to the squad car. He immediately fell asleep when he was put in the back.
He was cited for violating parole, drugged driving and possession of drug paraphernalia.
The 2.8 grams of the substance on his console tested negative for marijuana. Police speculate that the substance was a synthetic marijuana substance but have yet to see the final test results.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Commission surveying seniors
- Four similar thefts reported at Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Police Report: Jan. 29
- Meijer to open Wauwatosa store in August
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel
- Wauwatosa committee recommends e-cigarette restrictions
- Wauwatosa to offer 70 open enrollment seats; no openings through Chapter 220 or special education
- Wauwatosa creating Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee to improve facilities
- Pilgrim Lutheran School celebrates more than its name change since accreditation
- Wauwatosa firefighters union battles run up city's legal bills (1)