A 37-year-old Jackson man was arrested for violating parole and drug-related charges after Wauwatosa police found him asleep behind the wheel on Mayfair Road last week.
According to the police report:
The man was passed out behind the wheel of a car with a marijuana pipe in his hand when police arrived at the intersection of Mayfair Road and Burleigh Street at 9:13 p.m. on Sept. 19.
The man tried hiding the pipe when he was asked to step outside the vehicle. There was also a bag of a leafy green substance labeled "Bizarre: not for human consumption" on his center console.
When police asked him what he was doing, he said he was going to work.
He failed a field sobriety test. He was so tired that he had to be helped walking to the squad car. He immediately fell asleep when he was put in the back.
He was cited for violating parole, drugged driving and possession of drug paraphernalia.
The 2.8 grams of the substance on his console tested negative for marijuana. Police speculate that the substance was a synthetic marijuana substance but have yet to see the final test results.
- 360NOW: Wander Wawatosa's village
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes new female giraffe calf
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa seeks volunteers for focus groups on city communication
- Area businesses collaborate to create the 'Cranky Sammie' in East Tosa
- District leaders question use of Wauwatosa schools as voting locations (9)
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 2
- Moms get free admission to the zoo
- Pathways High alternative school pushes ahead despite adverse response from Wauwatosa schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 17-23