A 37-year-old Jackson man was arrested for violating parole and drug-related charges after Wauwatosa police found him asleep behind the wheel on Mayfair Road last week.
According to the police report:
The man was passed out behind the wheel of a car with a marijuana pipe in his hand when police arrived at the intersection of Mayfair Road and Burleigh Street at 9:13 p.m. on Sept. 19.
The man tried hiding the pipe when he was asked to step outside the vehicle. There was also a bag of a leafy green substance labeled "Bizarre: not for human consumption" on his center console.
When police asked him what he was doing, he said he was going to work.
He failed a field sobriety test. He was so tired that he had to be helped walking to the squad car. He immediately fell asleep when he was put in the back.
He was cited for violating parole, drugged driving and possession of drug paraphernalia.
The 2.8 grams of the substance on his console tested negative for marijuana. Police speculate that the substance was a synthetic marijuana substance but have yet to see the final test results.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Leff's Lucky Town in Wauwatosa considers kitchen expansion (1)
- Walker plans to file for president today
- Driver ejected from car after hitting tree in Wauwatosa (3)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Monarch habitat on the mend in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 21-27 (1)
- Wauwatosa native reflects on time in Afghanistan, Sudan
- Residents who live and work in Wauwatosa will be set back during the bus strike
- Wauwatosa detective home from hospital after shooting