Two women reported being followed by an Indian man in his early-to-mid 20s while walking through Hart Park last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police reports:
A woman's shortcut through Hart Park ended in a terrified run from a man who had been following her.
The woman had been shopping at Pick 'n Save, 6950 W. State St., and was walking through Hart Park between 1 and 2 p.m. Jan. 2 when she noticed she was being followed.
At first, she thought nothing of it and changed her direction a few times. Her pursuer changed his direction as well. She started jogging. He started jogging. She broke into a flat-out run. He ran as well.
She broke out of the park, changed direction again and fled into a building. She saw him exit the park, look both ways and go back in.
She escaped her would-be pursuer.
She wasn't the only one followed last week.
While investigating, police spoke with a Park and Recreation employee who gave a similar description and story. She was also followed during her lunch break. She escaped into a public building. While she did not run, she noted that a man was intently following her and thought he was going to try to take her wallet.
The man is described as a male with dark skin, 20 to 25 years old, 5-foot-9 and weighing 150 lbs.
- Social media story on the storms rolling through Milwaukee area
- Swipe cards are firm's expertise
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: July 21
- Wauwatosa residents reminded to use caution in construction zones (1)
- Wauwatosa mayor shuts down rumors of picketers affecting Village work
- Go Pro Video: Wauwatosa Full Moon Bike Rides promise moon gazing, cold drinks, camaraderie
- Inaugural 'Q and Brew' event raises money for Center Street Park (1)
- Business Spotlight: Cranky Al's has grown from desperation to a Wauwatosa institution (4)
- Wauwatosa News IQ: July21
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Lecture at library to address existentialism and anxiety