Two women reported being followed by an Indian man in his early-to-mid 20s while walking through Hart Park last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police reports:
A woman's shortcut through Hart Park ended in a terrified run from a man who had been following her.
The woman had been shopping at Pick 'n Save, 6950 W. State St., and was walking through Hart Park between 1 and 2 p.m. Jan. 2 when she noticed she was being followed.
At first, she thought nothing of it and changed her direction a few times. Her pursuer changed his direction as well. She started jogging. He started jogging. She broke into a flat-out run. He ran as well.
She broke out of the park, changed direction again and fled into a building. She saw him exit the park, look both ways and go back in.
She escaped her would-be pursuer.
She wasn't the only one followed last week.
While investigating, police spoke with a Park and Recreation employee who gave a similar description and story. She was also followed during her lunch break. She escaped into a public building. While she did not run, she noted that a man was intently following her and thought he was going to try to take her wallet.
The man is described as a male with dark skin, 20 to 25 years old, 5-foot-9 and weighing 150 lbs.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa police report 200 percent increase in vehicle thefts (1)
- Changes coming to Wauwatosa Village: The Flower Lady finds new home
- Bryant & Stratton College offers new nursing program at Tosa campus
- KFC in Wauwatosa robbed Wednesday morning, suspect still unknown (1)
- Wauwatosa businesses step up to fund baseball fields at Center Street Park (1)
- Mystery Photo Contest: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Police Report Jan. 31 - Feb. 6
- In Brief: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is being done about the smell coming from the Wauwatosa dump?
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: Feb. 11