Two Milwaukee youths suspected in back-to-back armed robberies were arrested Saturday night after fleeing police.
The two youths, ages 13 and 17, were allegedly involved in separate incidents within minutes of each other in the northeast corner of Wauwatosa.
According to the police reports:
In the first incident, a Wauwatosa officer responding to a call at 8:48 p.m. at No. 1 Chinese Restaurant, 6119 W. North Ave., talked to a Milwaukee couple who said they had been suddenly approached by two males who pointed a gun at them in a robbery attempt nearby. The couple had escaped by running into the restaurant, where staff responded to their screams for help by quickly locking the door once they were inside and then called police.
Three minutes later, a second similar incident reportedly took place on the southeast corner of North 65th Street and West Wright Street. There, a male victim said he had been approached by two males who pushed him down and placed the barrel of a handgun to the back of his skull while taking his wallet, cellphone and headphones.
He said the robbers told him to "start walking faster or we'll start shooting" as he left the scene. When he arrived home, which was nearby, he called 911.
As authorities combed the neighborhood and created a perimeter, the suspects spotted the police about a half-hour later and fled southbound from the intersection of North 63rd Street and West Center Street.
After a short pursuit, officers tackled the 14-year-old in front of a residence on the 2600 block of North 63rd Street. The 17-year-old, who police say threw the gun and victim's wallet over a fence, was arrested following a foot pursuit after he fled westbound on North 64th Street and West Clarke Street.
The weapon, an Elite II imitation Beretta BB gun, was later located by police.
- Shoulder mount of beloved deer 'Bow Tie' to return to Milwaukee Co. Parks
- Video Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the stone walls of Schoonmacher Creek be repaired?
- Mount Mary University students gear up for CREO fashion show in Tosa
- Art majors find their footing at Mount Mary
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 9
- Wauwatosa Village streetscape work slotted to begin May 9 (2)
- Wauwatosa In Brief: May 5
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 24-30