The Southeast Wisconsin Young Marines are working with a local cemetery to pay tribute to veterans on Saturday.
A "Field of Honor" will be created at Pinelawn Memorial Park, 10700 W. Capitol Drive, starting at 1 p.m., to honor all the fallen heroes who have died since Sept. 11 in the war against Iraq and Afghanistan. Crosses will be personalized with the name of each serviceman and servicewoman.
The Young Marines is an education and service program for kids age 8 through high school age.
In addition, volunteers from the community are asked to join the cemetery staff in placing flags for all veterans laid to rest there, beginning at 9 a.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Senior Commission surveying seniors
- Four similar thefts reported at Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Police Report: Jan. 29
- Meijer to open Wauwatosa store in August
- Wauwatosa committee denies funding request to accelerate Innovation Campus hotel
- Wauwatosa committee recommends e-cigarette restrictions
- Wauwatosa to offer 70 open enrollment seats; no openings through Chapter 220 or special education
- Wauwatosa creating Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee to improve facilities
- Pilgrim Lutheran School celebrates more than its name change since accreditation
- Wauwatosa firefighters union battles run up city's legal bills