The Southeast Wisconsin Young Marines are working with a local cemetery to pay tribute to veterans on Saturday.
A "Field of Honor" will be created at Pinelawn Memorial Park, 10700 W. Capitol Drive, starting at 1 p.m., to honor all the fallen heroes who have died since Sept. 11 in the war against Iraq and Afghanistan. Crosses will be personalized with the name of each serviceman and servicewoman.
The Young Marines is an education and service program for kids age 8 through high school age.
In addition, volunteers from the community are asked to join the cemetery staff in placing flags for all veterans laid to rest there, beginning at 9 a.m.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Police use stolen iPad to track suspected thief
- Kari Miller leaves Wauwatosa Chamber of Commerce
- Wisconsin Lutheran College proposes selling homes now used for student housing (1)
- C.A.R.I.N.G. group continues donations to schools
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 2
- Wauwatosa News & Notes: March 26
- In Wauwatosa, 'Coffee with Cop' opens dialogue
- New Braille menus at Wauwatosa restaurants ease dining experience for blind customers
- Security officer at San Camillo in Wauwatosa charged in child pornography case
- Author Larson makes Wauwatosa Public Library Leadership luncheon a literary affair