A night of partying ended with a man pulling a gun on his roommate and police seizing 36 grams of marijuana and drug paraphernalia from a Wauwatosa home, police say.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A group of friends hit the bars, then returned to an apartment in the 1400 block of Martha Washington Drive to continue the party with alcohol and marijuana until 7 a.m. Saturday. As people were figuring out how they would get home, a 22-year-old man who lived at the apartment passed out.
His roommate tried to wake him so he could drive a guest home. A drunken argument ensued, and the man pulled a gun out of his pants pocket and started to point it at his roommate.
The roommate defended himself by punching the man in the face. The man slumped to the floor, and the gun dropped to the floor. When he came to, he didn't recall why they had argued, but he was arrested for reckless endangerment involving a gun.
The roommate credited his quick action to his experience as a Golden Gloves boxer prior to moving to the area. He was treated by paramedics for a possible broken hand.
While responding to the fight, officers smelled marijuana and saw drug paraphernalia all over the living room. A search of the house turned up a rolling machine and papers, multiple metal grinders, marijuana pipes and 36 grams of pot.
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30
- Wauwatosa Village businesses remain upbeat amid ongoing reconstruction
- East Tosa Gran Prix draws racers from across the continent
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 30
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of July 4
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Yale Place was once known as Pickle Alley
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Commercial vehicle parking ban is obsolete
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy reports consistent enrollment numbers