A night of partying ended with a man pulling a gun on his roommate and police seizing 36 grams of marijuana and drug paraphernalia from a Wauwatosa home, police say.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A group of friends hit the bars, then returned to an apartment in the 1400 block of Martha Washington Drive to continue the party with alcohol and marijuana until 7 a.m. Saturday. As people were figuring out how they would get home, a 22-year-old man who lived at the apartment passed out.
His roommate tried to wake him so he could drive a guest home. A drunken argument ensued, and the man pulled a gun out of his pants pocket and started to point it at his roommate.
The roommate defended himself by punching the man in the face. The man slumped to the floor, and the gun dropped to the floor. When he came to, he didn't recall why they had argued, but he was arrested for reckless endangerment involving a gun.
The roommate credited his quick action to his experience as a Golden Gloves boxer prior to moving to the area. He was treated by paramedics for a possible broken hand.
While responding to the fight, officers smelled marijuana and saw drug paraphernalia all over the living room. A search of the house turned up a rolling machine and papers, multiple metal grinders, marijuana pipes and 36 grams of pot.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Leff's Lucky Town in Wauwatosa considers kitchen expansion (1)
- Walker plans to file for president today
- Driver ejected from car after hitting tree in Wauwatosa (3)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: July 2
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: What is the status of the closed Tosa Gas at 84th and North?
- Monarch habitat on the mend in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 21-27 (1)
- Wauwatosa native reflects on time in Afghanistan, Sudan
- Residents who live and work in Wauwatosa will be set back during the bus strike
- Wauwatosa detective home from hospital after shooting