A teen who took clothes from a mall shop led police officers and sheriff's deputies on a chase, which resulted in an injury to one officer last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A 16-year-old Milwaukee boy was arrested for receiving stolen property and resisting arrest after he took clothing valued at $139 from Hollister Co. at Mayfair at 10:36 a.m. March 24.
He ran through the mall lot, through neighboring yards and alleys, climbed an eight-foot fence and made his way to the grassy median between the North Avenue on-ramp and Highway 45. He was removing his clothing, including his shoes, and dropping the items he took as he ran.
An officer punctured his hand on a sharp portion of the fence during the foot chase.
Eventually, the boy ran to Denny's, where he asked staff for water, shortly afterward, he left and was stopped by an officer.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Learning Never Ends boasts new programs
- Therapist suggests making massage priority
- Police Report: April 16
- New electrical substation approved for Wauwatosa medical district
- McBride retains Common Council presidency
- Arté Wine and Painting Studio expands
- News & Notes: April 16
- Swiderski awarded Top Brillion Farm Equipment dealer award
- Battle of the Books challenges kids to stretch their limits
- Ask NOW: When will the lanes on Burleigh Street near Highway 45 be less confusing?