A teen who took clothes from a mall shop led police officers and sheriff's deputies on a chase, which resulted in an injury to one officer last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A 16-year-old Milwaukee boy was arrested for receiving stolen property and resisting arrest after he took clothing valued at $139 from Hollister Co. at Mayfair at 10:36 a.m. March 24.
He ran through the mall lot, through neighboring yards and alleys, climbed an eight-foot fence and made his way to the grassy median between the North Avenue on-ramp and Highway 45. He was removing his clothing, including his shoes, and dropping the items he took as he ran.
An officer punctured his hand on a sharp portion of the fence during the foot chase.
Eventually, the boy ran to Denny's, where he asked staff for water, shortly afterward, he left and was stopped by an officer.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Eisenhower resale seeks sellers
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound?
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Feb. 8
- Video: Wauwatosa man makes 'miracle' recovery after dying for 8 minutes (2)
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Council mistaken in not funding Center Street Park
- Wauwatosa officials could soon participate in meetings via computer
- Work at State Street Station in Wauwatosa has neighbors rattled (5)
- Wauwatosa students win dozens of awards from Alliance for Young Artists & Writers