A teen who took clothes from a mall shop led police officers and sheriff's deputies on a chase, which resulted in an injury to one officer last week.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A 16-year-old Milwaukee boy was arrested for receiving stolen property and resisting arrest after he took clothing valued at $139 from Hollister Co. at Mayfair at 10:36 a.m. March 24.
He ran through the mall lot, through neighboring yards and alleys, climbed an eight-foot fence and made his way to the grassy median between the North Avenue on-ramp and Highway 45. He was removing his clothing, including his shoes, and dropping the items he took as he ran.
An officer punctured his hand on a sharp portion of the fence during the foot chase.
Eventually, the boy ran to Denny's, where he asked staff for water, shortly afterward, he left and was stopped by an officer.
- Name revealed of new female giraffe at Milwaukee Co. Zoo
- State Street road work may be the biggest headache this year in Wauwatosa (1)
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa law enforcement honors fallen officers during national bike tour (1)
- Wauwatosa alderman calls 1979 parking ordinance 'nitpicky,' looks for change (11)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: May 26
- Wauwatosa News IQ: May 26
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are left-turn signals different at different times?
- Tosa school libraries gear up for fall introduction of 'makerspaces'
- Tosa West's We the People team reflects on nationals, yearly successes