Oak Park Place, an assisted-living and specialized memory care facility, celebrated its grand opening Tuesday. The new community is located at 1621 Rivers Bend, between 116th and 124th streets in Wauwatosa.
The facility is staffed around the clock.
The community features 47 assisted-living studios and one-bedroom apartments, as well as 20 specialized memory care studios, plus common space, dining rooms, and living and activity rooms.
Special features include the Hoyt Study, which has books and game, programming in Hart Hall, and the Little Red Café.
"We love what we do. We are dedicated to providing personalized, compassionate, quality care. And we are committed to the community in which we live and work," said Scott Frank, founder and CEO of Oak Park Place. "At Oak Park Place, we've been doing great work for over 10 years and we will continue to build and strengthen that foundation."
In addition to the Wauwatosa location, Oak Park Place owns and operates senior-living communities in Madison and Baraboo, as well as Dubuque, Iowa, and Albert Lea, Minn.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Run Tosa Run raises $3K for Ronald McDonald House
- Senior Meals: Week of June 1
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: May 28
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay