NOW Newspapers, publisher of Wauwatosa NOW and seven other suburban weekly newspapers, was presented with 22 awards Friday at the Wisconsin Newspaper Association annual convention in Madison.
The Better Newspapers Contest recognizes the top journalism in the state. Eligible entries were published between Sept. 1, 2011, and Aug. 31, 2012.
Wauwatosa NOW took first place in General Web Excellence and took first and second in Web Special Project, recognizing its online All-Suburban Football Team and Act 10 coverage.
NOW Newspapers also won the following honors:
Continuing Web Coverage, second, South Shore NOW
Feature Photo, first, Brookfield-Elm Grove NOW
Web Special Project, first, Brookfield-Elm Grove NOW
Front Page Design, first, Hales Corners-Franklin-Greendale-Oak Creek NOW; second, Brookfield-Elm Grove NOW; second, North Shore NOW
Overall Page Design, second, Brookfield-Elm Grove NOW and Muskego-New Berlin NOW
Sports Feature Story, second, Germantown-Menomonee Falls NOW; third, Greenfield-West Allis NOW
Web Special Project, third, Germantown-Menomonee Falls NOW
Sports News Story, second; Muskego-New Berlin NOW
Local Sports Column, first, North Shore NOW
Spot News Photo, second, North Shore NOW
Sports Photo, second, North Shore NOW
Continuing Web Coverage, third, North Shore NOW
Spot News Story, second; Hales Corners-Franklin-Greendale-Oak Creek NOW
Feature Page Design, third Hales Corners-Franklin-Greendale-Oak Creek NOW
Photo Essay, first, Hales Corners-Franklin-Greendale-Oak Creek NOW
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (3)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?