North Avenue, which has been closed at 90th Street since late last month, was expected to open to traffic today, said Alderman Jeffrey Roznowski, who represents the area.
Work was expected to last another week, but the contractor has been ahead of schedule, he said.
Also, the project at State Street and Harwood Avenue, in the center of the Village, is also wrapping up, and State also is expected to open to through traffic today.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Lutheran College proposes selling homes now used for student housing
- C.A.R.I.N.G. group continues donations to schools
- Wauwatosa News IQ: April 2
- Wauwatosa News & Notes: March 26
- In Wauwatosa, 'Coffee with Cop' opens dialogue
- New Braille menus at Wauwatosa restaurants ease dining experience for blind customers
- Security officer at San Camillo in Wauwatosa charged in child pornography case
- Author Larson makes Wauwatosa Public Library Leadership luncheon a literary affair
- Speakeasy to replace One Way Cafe in Wauwatosa Village
- Business Spotlight: Empire Fish