A man was left with a hefty bill after he partied with a prostitute at a Wauwatosa hotel earlier this month, according to a Wauwatosa police report.
Also from the report:
The man met up with a woman and a man she said was her brother on June 3 because they were known to have connections that would supply crack cocaine.
After doing drugs and drinking liquor, the man decided they needed a place to continue the party and sleep it off. He was intoxicated when they checked into Extended Stay America, 11121 W. North Ave., at 9:30 p.m. June 3. The woman signed for two rooms, which were charged to his credit card.
The next morning the man woke up feeling hung over, but the woman refused to turn in the room key until he took her and her brother shopping to pay them back for the crack.
He couldn't recall all of the stops they made, but at some point they made purchases at Bayshore Town Center, a Walmart in Milwaukee and Best Buy in Wauwatosa. He handed over the credit card while he stayed in the car.
Eventually, they parted ways. But he learned that she had continued staying at the hotel, charging room extensions to his credit card until June 16. Hotel staff called police when a television was found missing from the room.
The man had possession of his credit card. He wasn't aware of continuing charges until police called. He checked his balance and saw it had climbed to $8,000.
Police performed a search of the phone numbers the man had for the woman and her brother. It brought up a prostitution website, and the hotel clerk recognized one of the women as the person who had been staying at the hotel.
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: June 30
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (3)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department