A man was left with a hefty bill after he partied with a prostitute at a Wauwatosa hotel earlier this month, according to a Wauwatosa police report.
Also from the report:
The man met up with a woman and a man she said was her brother on June 3 because they were known to have connections that would supply crack cocaine.
After doing drugs and drinking liquor, the man decided they needed a place to continue the party and sleep it off. He was intoxicated when they checked into Extended Stay America, 11121 W. North Ave., at 9:30 p.m. June 3. The woman signed for two rooms, which were charged to his credit card.
The next morning the man woke up feeling hung over, but the woman refused to turn in the room key until he took her and her brother shopping to pay them back for the crack.
He couldn't recall all of the stops they made, but at some point they made purchases at Bayshore Town Center, a Walmart in Milwaukee and Best Buy in Wauwatosa. He handed over the credit card while he stayed in the car.
Eventually, they parted ways. But he learned that she had continued staying at the hotel, charging room extensions to his credit card until June 16. Hotel staff called police when a television was found missing from the room.
The man had possession of his credit card. He wasn't aware of continuing charges until police called. He checked his balance and saw it had climbed to $8,000.
Police performed a search of the phone numbers the man had for the woman and her brother. It brought up a prostitution website, and the hotel clerk recognized one of the women as the person who had been staying at the hotel.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Band Blast Off gives beginner musicians a boost
- Terminated Wauwatosa firefighters still fighting for disability benefits
- Ask Now: What's happening with three businesses on North Avenue?
- Wauwatosa columnist Peggy Dean, in her own words
- Man arrested for heroin possession at Best Buy in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa business Not Just Nuts closed after owner's death
- Wauwatosa's Montessori school will expand to serve middle-school grades
- Not Just Nuts closed, building owner looking for new tenant
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Aug. 21
- Artificial turf installed at Wauwatosa's Whitman Middle School soccer field