Signs to help finding your around the Village
Jim Plaisted, executive director of the Village Business Improvement District, and consultant Curtis Roberts presented preliminary renderings of possible wayfinding signs for the Village at Tuesday's Common Council meeting.
Signs are planned at four entrance points and others will mark parking lots and provide directions for pedestrians. The design for the signs are still being refined, Plaisted said.
Neighborhood Association Council displays new map
The Neighborhood Associaton Council has approved a new map identifying the city's 29 neighborhoods. The council provides support for the individual neighborhood associations and meets quarterly. Robin Luther, the council's president, made a presentation to the Common Council on Tuesday.
Washington Highlands approved for stone entry marker
The Common Council this week gave preliminary approval to encroachment into stone subdivision entry marker at Washington Circle and Milwaukee Avenue with a stone subdivision entry marker to be placed by the Washington Highlands Historical Preservation Corp.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Family Film Night showing of "Annie," postponed, will go forward tonight, Thursday, Aug. 2
- Tosa news in brief: August 13 issue
- In Brief: Aug. 6
- In Brief: July 30
- News & Notes: July 23, 2015 issue
- Wauwatosa committees approve financial assistance, final project plan for State Street Station
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 11
- In brief: groundbreaking, Jersey Mike's, skate park
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: May 28
- News and Notes: May 7
- In Brief: April 16
- In Brief: April 9
- Wauwatosa News & Notes: March 26
- Fundraiser covers funeral expenses for victim of Wauwatosa house fire
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015
- News & Notes: Feb. 26
- News & Notes: Feb. 19
- News & Notes: Feb. 12
- News & Notes: Feb. 5, 2015
- News & Notes: Jan. 29, 2015