West team raising money to attend nationals in D.C.
Wauwatosa West High School's state-winning "We the People" team is holding fundraisers to support its trip to nationals in Washington, D.C.
The price tag of sending all 30 students is $60,000. The competition simulates congressional hearings, asking the students questions on historical and contemporary aspects of the U.S. government. The Kiwanis Club of Wauwatosa supports the team and asks that our members lend their support, as well. To donate funds, go to gofundme.com/6b525w.
Nominate a property for a Historic Preservation award
The Historic Preservation Commission is currently accepting nominations until Friday for its annual Preservation of Properties Awards. For additional information or go to thecity website, www.wauwatosa.net.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Brief: Nordstrom fundraising; Village streetscaping
- In brief: author chat, budget talks, spring election
- In Brief: Sept. 10
- In Brief: Sept. 3
- In Brief: Family Film Night showing of "Annie," postponed, will go forward tonight, Thursday, Aug. 2
- Tosa news in brief: August 13 issue
- In Brief: Aug. 6
- In Brief: July 30
- News & Notes: July 23, 2015 issue
- Wauwatosa committees approve financial assistance, final project plan for State Street Station
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 11
- In brief: groundbreaking, Jersey Mike's, skate park
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: May 28
- News and Notes: May 7
- In Brief: April 16
- In Brief: April 9
- Wauwatosa News & Notes: March 26
- Fundraiser covers funeral expenses for victim of Wauwatosa house fire
- News & Notes: March 5, 2015
- News & Notes: Feb. 26