Milwaukee Map Service has moved to a new location within Wauwatosa.
The family-owned business closed its Mayfair Road doors last week and found a new home at 3720 N. 124th St.
The business and building are owned by the three Swain brothers. The decision to move resulted from an increasing difficulty in finding and keeping renters to fill up the remainder of the building.
"The speed of vehicle traffic on Mayfair Road, south of Mayfair Mall, and being located away from other retail locations made it difficult to attract customers into our store location," senior cartographer Gary Kraft said. "We had to be a destination location."
The business offers more than 6,000 maps and related products, including nautical charts, globes, atlases and travel guides. Employees also make and publish maps.
Their new home is smack-dab in the middle of a busy retail area with Lowe's, The Home Depot and numerous restaurants and fast-food eateries nearby.
"We are hopeful this retail area will increase our visibility to both new and old customers," Kraft said.
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Aug. 4
- Video: Wauwatosa girl's curbside ice cream stand raises money for the hungry
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: Hands-only CPR training offered; Firefly Art Fair is Aug. 6-7
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why are there barriers and fencing along the North Avenue bridges over the Menomonee River?
- Mystery Photo Contest: July 28
- Wauwatosa gears up for National Night Out event, this year at the zoo
- Election 2016: Wisconsin's 4th District candidates weigh in
- Wauwatosa's Luther Manor residents share smiles through flower delivery
- Wauwatosa Police Report: July 17-23
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Aug. 1