Milwaukee Map Service has moved to a new location within Wauwatosa.
The family-owned business closed its Mayfair Road doors last week and found a new home at 3720 N. 124th St.
The business and building are owned by the three Swain brothers. The decision to move resulted from an increasing difficulty in finding and keeping renters to fill up the remainder of the building.
"The speed of vehicle traffic on Mayfair Road, south of Mayfair Mall, and being located away from other retail locations made it difficult to attract customers into our store location," senior cartographer Gary Kraft said. "We had to be a destination location."
The business offers more than 6,000 maps and related products, including nautical charts, globes, atlases and travel guides. Employees also make and publish maps.
Their new home is smack-dab in the middle of a busy retail area with Lowe's, The Home Depot and numerous restaurants and fast-food eateries nearby.
"We are hopeful this retail area will increase our visibility to both new and old customers," Kraft said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Our Schools: May 28
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Why is parking limited for residents near the zoo?
- Milwaukee man faces charges for having sex with Wauwatosa teen, possession of child pornography
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: May 28
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Cafe Blue takes pleasure in providing simple pleasures
- Business Notes: May 28
- Tosa letters to the editor: May 28
- Run Tosa Run raises $3K for Ronald McDonald House
- Senior Meals: Week of June 1
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: May 28