A 29-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for her sixth driving while intoxicated offense after she was found slumped over her steering wheel in the 7200 block of West Center Street at 5:17 p.m. March 17.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
A 911 caller alerted Tosa police and paramedics that a woman was passed out in a car stopped at a 45-degree angle with the engine running.
When wakened, the driver told police she had prescriptions for alprazolam and oxycodone to help with pain relief. Though she told police she had taken one of each earlier in the day, they determined from the amount of pills in recently filled prescription bottles that she had taken more.
She failed a field sobriety test. A blood draw was performed and the results are pending.
The woman had five previous convictions, dating back to 2003, for driving while intoxicated.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- In Our Schools: Sept. 25
- Correction: Volume of water possibly held by basins is 315 million gallons
- Cheveux brings fresh style to Wauwatosa's salon market
- Woman arrested in Wauwatosa for assault after allegedly punching a juvenile
- Five-story apartment complex proposed for Wauwatosa Village
- Wauwatosa development for Mayfair Road comes back in modified form
- Wauwatosa's Hoppe Tree Service reuses diseased, dying trees in new Urban Wood Lab
- Wauwatosa Woman's Club tries again for parking expansion
- News and Notes
- Most Wauwatosa schools exceed state expectations on district report card