A 29-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for her sixth OWI offense for abusing prescription drugs after she was found slumped over her steering wheel in the 7200 block of W. Center St. at 5:17 p.m. March 17.
According to the police report:
A 911 caller alerted police and paramedics to the scene, where the woman was passed out in the car stopped at a 45-degree angle with the engine running.
The woman told police she had prescriptions for Alprazolam and Oxycodene for an existing pain condition. Though she told police she had taken one of each earlier in the day, they determined from the amount of pills in recently filled prescription bottles that the amount was higher.
She failed a field sobriety test. A blood draw was performed with results pending.
The woman had five previous OWI convictions since 2003. There was no further information whether those incidents involved alcohol or drugs.
The arrest was one of seven made over a St. Patrick's Day task force crackdown that involved 10 officers from 7 a.m. March 17 to early morning on March 18.
Police report they made 66 traffic stops, issuing 35 citations.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Construction worker dies in machinery accident at Zoo Interchange project
- Wauwatosa East teacher Barb Bruesewitz named ProStart Teacher of the Year
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy meets diverse need of learners
- Pancake breakfast Sunday will raise money for scholarships
- Soup sampling fundraiser benefits Wauwatosa Woman's Club
- Wauwatosa School Board asks lawmakers to increase public education funding
- Wauwatosa Police Report: Feb. 26
- Wauwatosa health officials say they are prepared to contain measles if it arrives
- Wauwatosa committee recommends denial of Wisconsin Lutheran College parking structure request
- News & Notes: Feb. 26