A 29-year-old Milwaukee woman was arrested for her sixth OWI offense for abusing prescription drugs after she was found slumped over her steering wheel in the 7200 block of W. Center St. at 5:17 p.m. March 17.
According to the police report:
A 911 caller alerted police and paramedics to the scene, where the woman was passed out in the car stopped at a 45-degree angle with the engine running.
The woman told police she had prescriptions for Alprazolam and Oxycodene for an existing pain condition. Though she told police she had taken one of each earlier in the day, they determined from the amount of pills in recently filled prescription bottles that the amount was higher.
She failed a field sobriety test. A blood draw was performed with results pending.
The woman had five previous OWI convictions since 2003. There was no further information whether those incidents involved alcohol or drugs.
The arrest was one of seven made over a St. Patrick's Day task force crackdown that involved 10 officers from 7 a.m. March 17 to early morning on March 18.
Police report they made 66 traffic stops, issuing 35 citations.
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30
- Wauwatosa Village businesses remain upbeat amid ongoing reconstruction
- East Tosa Gran Prix draws racers from across the continent
- Wauwatosa News and Notes: June 30
- Mystery Photo Contest: June 30
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of July 4
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Yale Place was once known as Pickle Alley
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Commercial vehicle parking ban is obsolete
- Wauwatosa Virtual Academy reports consistent enrollment numbers