A Milwaukee County snow emergency was declared Dec. 28, beginning at 2:30 p.m.
Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele, in consultation with the Chief Judge, Sheriff's office and Director of Transportation and Public Works, declared the emergency for Milwaukee County employees due to the hazardous weather conditions, according to a news release.
All nonessential departments would be closed for the safety of the employees and the public, according to the release. The departments are scheduled to reopen Tuesday, Dec. 29.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Business Notes: May 26
- Wauwatosa officer rescues seven ducklings trapped in storm sewer
- Wauwatosa Public Forum: Remember the fallen; voting in schools
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 15 - 21
- Wauwatosa School Notes: May 26
- Wauwatosa In Our Schools: May 26
- Wauwatosa Things to Do: May 26
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 30
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: May 26
- Video: Reporter takes us along the 2016 Run Tosa Run