A Milwaukee County snow emergency was declared Dec. 28, beginning at 2:30 p.m.
Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele, in consultation with the Chief Judge, Sheriff's office and Director of Transportation and Public Works, declared the emergency for Milwaukee County employees due to the hazardous weather conditions, according to a news release.
All nonessential departments would be closed for the safety of the employees and the public, according to the release. The departments are scheduled to reopen Tuesday, Dec. 29.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Truck carrying appliances collides with railroad bridge in Wauwatosa
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: The Flower Lady stays true to the Village, and finds room to grow
- Tosa fire chief named to Wisconsin State Fire Chiefs Association
- Wauwatosa's 22nd Secret Garden Tour scheduled for July 9
- Tosa police investigating armed robbery at North Shore Bank Wednesday
- Wauwatosa Business Spotlight: Perspective Design specializes in being a generalist
- Wauwatosa Police Report: June 19 - 25
- Wauwatosa In Brief: Get set for Dozer Day in the Village, July 9
- Wauwatosa Meetings: June 30