Those who love Milio's Sandwiches will have to find a new sub shop to patronize if they want to stay close to home. Milio's closed its Waukesha and Wauwatosa locations last week.
"We're closing two locations due to the leases expiring," a Milio's corporate officer, who declined to be named, said.
The two locations were at 2110 E. Moreland Blvd. in Waukesha and 10600 W. Bluemound Road in Wauwatosa.
The Milio's representative said that after the leases expired this year, the company chose to look elsewhere.
"We don't think they were great sites for us," the representative said three days after those locations closed their doors.
Milio's operated in those buildings for at least five years, the representative said.
Although it has closed other shops in the Milwaukee area, the representative said the Madison-based company could still open new stores in this area in the future.
The sub shop, formerly known as Big Mike's, has 25 corporate shops and 18 franchised shops across the Midwest, with a majority in the Madison area.
Besides Wisconsin, shops are also in Minnesota, Iowa and Nebraska.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Glider shootoff reinforces Physics of Flight lessons
- Join Wauwatosa NOW on Facebook
- Ask NOW: Can I turn right on red over railroad tracks?
- New ID checks in place at Tosa West High
- School district to benefit from the closure of a TIF
- News & Notes: Dec. 18
- In Our Schools: Dec. 19
- Police Report: Dec. 18
- 7th District aldermanic seat draws another candidate
- Wauwatosa police object to idea that would limit use of license-plate imaging technology