Two men got pepper-sprayed near the restrooms in the Mayfair food court after a jewelry sale went bad Saturday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Two Milwaukee men, ages 26 and 34, were waiting in line to buy food when they were approached by a 68-year-old Milwaukee man, who asked if they were interested in buying jewelry. They moved to the area outside the restrooms, where one of the potential buyers slipped on a ring.
When he didn't pay, an argument ensued and the seller started feeling threatened. He sprayed the men and took off.
When the seller was found, he was intoxicated. His criminal record showed 46 past arrests.
The two potential buyers had a history of 11 arrests between them.
All of their rap sheets got a bit longer as they were all arrested for disorderly conduct.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa committee recommends e-cigarette restrictions
- Wauwatosa to offer 70 open enrollment seats; no openings through Chapter 220 or special education
- Wauwatosa creating Bicycle and Pedestrian Committee to improve facilities
- Pilgrim Lutheran School celebrates more than its name change since accreditation
- Wauwatosa firefighters union battles run up city's legal bills
- News & Notes: Jan. 29, 2015
- Ask Now: Why are Roosevelt and McKinley elementary schools so similar?
- Two businesses in same building burglarized
- Wauwatosa Montessori students practice mind-body awareness with help from Growing Minds program
- Exercising eminent domain, Wauwatosa seeks warehouse property for school drop-off site