Two men got pepper-sprayed near the restrooms in the Mayfair food court after a jewelry sale went bad Saturday.
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
Two Milwaukee men, ages 26 and 34, were waiting in line to buy food when they were approached by a 68-year-old Milwaukee man, who asked if they were interested in buying jewelry. They moved to the area outside the restrooms, where one of the potential buyers slipped on a ring.
When he didn't pay, an argument ensued and the seller started feeling threatened. He sprayed the men and took off.
When the seller was found, he was intoxicated. His criminal record showed 46 past arrests.
The two potential buyers had a history of 11 arrests between them.
All of their rap sheets got a bit longer as they were all arrested for disorderly conduct.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa's All-City Read well underway, more events to come
- Wauwatosa Revolving Loan Fund celebrates 25 years
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes two new lionesses
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 11
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: Week of Feb. 15
- In Brief: Eisenhower resale seeks sellers
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Is it Blue Mound or Bluemound? (1)
- Wauwatosa Meetings: Feb. 4
- Wauwatosa News IQ: Feb. 4