A Wauwatosa officer was led on a short chase that ended in a getaway after following a car parked in the BMO Harris lot, 7635 W. Bluemound Road, at 4:22 a.m. Oct. 22
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The police officer thought it was strange that a car would be parked there at that time. When he drove up to investigate, he noticed the occupants paying close attention to him. The thieves hit the gas when the officer made a U-turn to follow them, driving two blocks before jumping out of the car and running away.
The officer radioed for backup and gave chase. After he and other officers at the scene couldn't find either of the car's occupants, they gave up.
Police searched the stolen vehicle, finding no keys or any signs that the suspects tampered with the ignition. The vehicle was listed as stolen in West Allis, and was returned to its owner.
The driver is described as a white man, 20 to 30 years old, 5-foot-8 to 5-foot-10, and weighing 130 to 150 pounds. The passenger was a male, race unknown, with the same height and build as the driver.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Foreign officials take inspiration from Wauwatosa's Innovation Campus
- Wauwatosa council considers resolution opposing UW cuts
- Mount Mary students spruce up Wauwatosa businesses
- Wauwatosa approves athletic field renovation with increased costs
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 12-18
- Wisconsin Lutheran College gains Wauwatosa approval for parking structure, promises to sell houses
- Slinger man charged for posting nude Snapchat photo of Wauwatosa student (2)
- Wauwatosa entreprenuer crowdfunding ice cube dog treats (8)
- Wauwatosa Mystery Photo Contest: April 23
- Wauwatosa fire chief addresses threat of oil tanker derailment (1)