A Wauwatosa officer was led on a short chase that ended in a getaway after following a car parked in the BMO Harris lot, 7635 W. Bluemound Road, at 4:22 a.m. Oct. 22
According to the Wauwatosa police report:
The police officer thought it was strange that a car would be parked there at that time. When he drove up to investigate, he noticed the occupants paying close attention to him. The thieves hit the gas when the officer made a U-turn to follow them, driving two blocks before jumping out of the car and running away.
The officer radioed for backup and gave chase. After he and other officers at the scene couldn't find either of the car's occupants, they gave up.
Police searched the stolen vehicle, finding no keys or any signs that the suspects tampered with the ignition. The vehicle was listed as stolen in West Allis, and was returned to its owner.
The driver is described as a white man, 20 to 30 years old, 5-foot-8 to 5-foot-10, and weighing 130 to 150 pounds. The passenger was a male, race unknown, with the same height and build as the driver.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Memorial Day ceremony scheduled for Longfellow Middle School
- Ask NOW: When will the Menomonee River Parkway be repaved?
- In Our Schools: May 20
- Ask NOW: Is Currie Dog Park expanding?
- Business Notes: May 16
- Rios appointed to take open Tosa School Board seat
- Wauwatosa preservation panel approves plan for Eschweiler buildings
- Village of Wauwatosa starts work on new signage system
- ANEW offers seniors in need of care options
- Developer drops controversial Village project in Wauwatosa