Meijer, the big-box grocery and department store retailer, is seeking approval from the city to build a store at 11123 W. Burleigh Road, on the site of the old Stroh Die Casting plant.
The site is on the south side of Burleigh, between 112th Street and the railroad tracks to the east.
Alderman Brian Ewerdt, who represents the area, said the store would be 157,000 square feet, with 65 percent dedicated to selling groceries and 35 percent to selling other retail items.
Meijer hopes to open the store early next year.
The chain is making its first foray into Wisconsin, having recently proposed to other sites in the Milwaukee area. Grafton this week approved a store, while Franklin advanced a plan but has not given final approval for the development.
- Wauwatosa Ask Now: Will the stone walls of Schoonmacher Creek be repaired?
- Mount Mary University students gear up for CREO fashion show in Tosa
- Art majors find their footing at Mount Mary
- Mystery Photo Contest: May 5
- Wauwatosa Senior Meals: May 9
- Wauwatosa Village streetscape work slotted to begin May 9 (2)
- Wauwatosa In Brief: May 5
- Wauwatosa Police Report: April 24-30
- In Brief: City seeks volunteers for focus group; seminar can help with advanced care planning
- Wauwatosa students reducing plastic pollution headed to global competition