The Medical College of Wisconsin is awarding $4.8 million to public health initiatives throughout the state.
The Healthier Wisconsin Partnership Program today announced 13 new awards that align with the aims of the Healthiest Wisconsin 2020 state health plan.
Money will be provided to help accomplish the following goals:
Change the culture of risky drinking behavior in LaCrosse.
Increase the diversity of Wisconsin's public health workforce.
Orovide early intervention in dental care for children.
Reduce incidents of suicide and self-harm in Kenosha.
Make healthy food more available in Milwaukee's central city.
Fight cancer in American Indian communities.
Improve care to Latino elderly.
Create urban parks with complementary outreach and education to improve the health of neighborhoods.
Control hypertension in African-Americans.
Help schools partner with mental health providers.
Train parents of children with special health care needs to help families with similar issues.
Train lay health advisers to work with Latino youth and adults on sexual and reproductive health topics.
Increase HPV vaccination rates among adolescents.
Since its first funding cycle in 2004, HWPP has awarded $30 million to 128 projects.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Longfellow hosting Wauwatosa's Memorial Day ceremony Monday
- Wauwatosa Police Report: May 10-16 (1)
- Choice school, dry cleaning issues held for more discussion in Wauwatosa
- Ask Now: Why are there so many traffic lights on Highway 100? (2)
- Wauwatosa to take extra step vetting St. Camillus proposal for tallest building in city
- Yellow Wood will bring high-quality outdoors gear to Whitefish Bay
- Medical College plans expansion with demolition of building on Mayfair Road
- Wauwatosa approves conceptual design for pocket park on North Avenue (9)
- Wauwatosa School Board approves raises for teachers, administrators and staff
- Tosa Tonight releases lineup for summer concert series