Wauwatosa's Common Council leader will remain unchanged, while other newly elected and returning officials prepare to take on new roles.
During its reorganizational caucus Tuesday, April 15, the Common Council re-elected District 4 Alderman Dennis McBride as its president, a role for which both he and District 8 Alderman Craig Wilson were considered. The vote was 8-7.
The caucus also voted, 9-6, to elect District 5 Alderman Joel Tilleson as the new aldermanic representative to the Plan Commission. He replaces District 2 Alderwoman Kathleen Causier, who also was considered for the role. District 7 Alderwoman Cheryl Berdan was unanimously elected as the aldermanic representative to the Economic Development Advisory Committee, replacing Wilson.
District 8 Alderman Jason Wilke was absent.
Following the caucus, four newly elected aldermen — District 1 Alderman Matt Stippich, District 4 Alderman Michael Walsh, District 6 Alderwoman Allison Byrne and District 7 Alderman Jason Kofroth — were sworn in at the Common Council's regular meeting.
Mayor Kathy Ehley thanked Peter Donegan, Brian Ewerdt and Don Birschel, exiting aldermen for Districts 1, 6 and 7, respectively, for being at the meeting to hand off their roles, as well as for their service to the city. District 4 Alderwoman Jill Organ also stepped down.
Causier, Wilson and fellow returning officials District 3 Alderman Tim Hanson and District 5 Alderman Bobby Pantuso were sworn into their new terms on the council.
Ehley told the council she would be finalizing other committee assignments and appointments over the course of the next few days, working with new aldermen in particular to determine their areas of interest to fill aldermanic liaison seats on various committees.
City Attorney Alan Kesner said he will conduct a training for new aldermen Tuesday, May 6.
- Video: Tosa Top 5: Five things you need to know about in Wauwatosa this week
- Wauwatosa endorses bus rapid transit route, more approvals needed (3)
- Wauwatosa officer fatally shoots man at Madison Park
- Wauwatosa Public Library announces list of summer events
- Blood drives scheduled for Milwaukee County during month of July
- Two lanes on Wauwatosa's Harmonee Bridge to close Thursday
- Milwaukee Co. Zoo welcomes baby harbor seal, bonobo
- East Tosa Gran Prix returns to Wauwatosa June 26
- Hidden Tosa: Inside the Wauwatosa Police Department
- What's going on with the abandoned building at Menomonee River Parkway and Harmonee Avenue?